Friday, April 17, 2009

Evidence of Spring


Walking Hannah to school is a sure sign of spring. We live just shy of a mile from school and have no bus service. During winter when it is dark and cold I drive Hannah to Woodriver. Only in the fall or spring when temperatures are mild do we walk. This morning it was 32 F with light snow so we bundled in gear and walked. By the afternoon it will be in the 40s. It takes us about 15 to 20 minutes to walk to school. I only attempt the walk on the days I am not looking after the two extra kids. I would never get there with an extra toddler and preschooler.

The best part of walking is that I don't have to deal with traffic in the school parking lot. I also use this as a check on my imaginary list of how I am personally trying to consume less and save the environment!

No comments: