Wednesday, August 29, 2007

School is in Session

First day of school was Monday, August 20th. We attended the Woodriver School Hot Dog Feed the Friday before, where we reconnected with friends and checked out Hannah's first grade classroom and teacher (Ms. Leonard). Hannah was a little dismayed that her classroom was 'different'. On the first day of classes the weather was fine so we biked to school. Evelyn rides in her bike carriage that I pull along behind me.
After finding the classroom, unpacking the backpack, and finding her name at her spot at a table Hannah got to 'work' with a puzzle from the 'quiet activity shelf'. She was so excited. I had a little knot in my stomach since I wouldn't pick her up until 3:30!. Kindergarten was only 1/2 day. Hannah's comment regarding the first day of school was "We had recess three times!" Yes, all is well.

No comments: